Disabling the Authorize.net Receipt Auto-Emailer
When using Authorize.net as your Credit Card Gateway, we recommend you disable Authorize.net's Receipt Auto-eMailer, especially if you are using 1 or more of the following Order Notifications:
- IP Printer
- Zip Printer
1. We recommend you go to your Authorize.net Merchant Portal and click on Settings.
2. Click on "Email Receipts" under the "Transaction Response Settings".
3. Uncheck "Email transaction receipt to customer (if email address is provided)".
Reason Why You Want To Disable
Here is an actual example of what can happen if Authorize.net's Receipt Auto eMailer is ON and there is an error with the IP Printer.
1. Patron Places the Online Order with a Credit Card.
2. Authorize.net successfully CAPTURES payment and Auto-eMail's the Patron that their (payment) transaction has been made.
* Authorize.net also sends an Auto-eMailed receipt confirming the CAPTURE to the Merchant
3. MenuDrive gets a successful CAPTURED response from Authorize.net
4. MenuDrive tries to send the order to the IP Printer but some error that occurred.
5. The Online Ordering platform gets back an error from the IP Printer and issues a VOID transaction to Authorize.net.
6. The patron is then redirected back to their shopping cart with an error message.
7. Patron checks their eMail and sees an eMail "Receipt" from Authorize.net however, this entire online order has been VOIDED.
8. Patron walks in to store expecting their food to be ready when there were no notifications sent out.
How To Distinguish Between The Different Receipts
1. MenuDrive Receipt format sent to the Patron and Merchant
2. Authorize.net Receipt format sent to the Patron (if Auto-eMailer is on)
3. Authorize.net Receipt format sent to the Merchant