Once your Gateway is setup or if you are having issues go to your online ordering site and place a "Test Order" using your Credit Card. You can return the payment in your admin control panel if it goes through. See "Return Credit Card Payments"
If you get an error follow the guide below. If you still have an error please reach out to Mercury Payment Systems to make sure they have your account setup correctly.
To Setup Mercury you must setup a Gateway Account with Mercury. Once you setup an Account follow this Guide to Link the Gateway to MenuDrive
MERCURY GATEWAY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Go to https://portal.mercurypay.com/nonsecure/Login.aspx and Log In.
2) Click on the link at the top right for "ACCOUNT SETTINGS"
3) You should see a box for "HostedCheckout Password Management". Select the store from the dropdown and press Continue (if you do not see this box, please contact Mercury to enable HostedCheckout on the Merchant's account).
4) On the "HostedCheckout Password Management" page, click on the button for Generate Password.Copy the Merchant ID and Password and save it for reference.
5) *Click on the "Save" button at the bottom.
6) Log into your MenuDrive Control Panel and go to the Credit Card Gateway section.
7) Select Mercury. Check box to enable CC processing. Copy and paste the Merchant ID and Password.Save.
8) *Place a test credit card order, and make sure the transaction posts to your Mercury account and bank.
If you get an error message please reach out to Mercury